Freestyle boards require an interesting blend of riding characteristics: they need to be very quick to accelerate and feel compact in both aerial and sliding maneuvers; they need to pop air easily and carve and respond quickly to the rider's moves. Of all boards, they need to be the lightest yet remain extremely strong. To finish off, a freestyle board needs to be perfectly balanced and aggressive enough to invite its riders to go bigger, faster and stronger with confidence while being forgiving enough to help him or her finish each move.
The Flares excel in each of these criteria. They also come in more sizes than any other freestyle board range, catering for riders of all ages and all sizes.
- Dedicated freestyle boards
- Most compact and quickest to accelerate
- Designed to generate lots of pop off flat water and be highly responsive with a direct, aggressive feel
- The small freestyle fin, the thick tail and centered straps require a good freestyle skill-level and a vertical riding style
- Fast racing chassis: rockerlines and vee configuration come from Starboard's iSonics
- Flare 91, 101, 111: new extra-compact outlines increases rotational speed, improves responsiveness and control
- Flare 91, 101, 111: new extra-thick tail improves float and forgiveness during moves
- Flare 91, 101, 111: new squared-off tails create a sharper release edge for cleaner, quicker acceleration with every pump
- The 60, 72 ProKids models and the 116 keep their shapes.
- New raw-finish without paint reduces weight (WoodCarbon models only)
- Exaggerated deck dome and heel gutters improve rider comfort, grip and control over the board
- New ultra-light 70g Slot Box fins
- New Drake specialist freestyle fins